Mike Scher, a colleague, wrote a post on LinkedIn this week regarding his analysis of BTTC (Best Time To Call) after placing greater than 1.8 million calls. His conclusion: There is no best time to call your prospects. The more important metric?
Mike proposes creating a consistent day-in-the-life workflow to obtain the results you seek:
- how many meaningful conversations are you having every day (goal: 5 per 2 hour block time of conversation)?
- do you know what to say as next steps based on what you are hearing?
- can you authentically turn negative objections into positive actions?
- how compelling is your response to these 3 questions that enhance your success of turning a prospect into a client?
- Why should I make a change?
- Why should I change now?
- Why should I choose you?
One more conversation each business day yields 200+ more meaningful conversations (MC) each year. If you’re tracking your MC conversion rate, what does 200 mean to you?
The photo in this post is a poster board (20″ x 30″) I used in 1998 when I was a business development rep. Take a look at it. Everything is scripted. Objections with responses. Next steps. The question tree completely mapped.
I didn’t read from this board, I memorized it. Practiced it. Looked in front of a mirror and said the words.
And guess what?
Those 200 more meaningful conversations resulted in 20 more opportunities to put in my pipeline towards my $2MM quota.